Date added: 05.11.2015
Industry: Logistics and transport
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Baku
The Transport Manager provides assurance to the Project Manager of the land transport (LT) operations compliance to the contract requirements. The TM is also the subject matter expert (SME) on the project team for LT matters, and as such is an advisor to the Project Manager and contractor management teams.
Direct reporting to this position: Radio operators / Transport Land coordinators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- organize and control all aspects of the day to day transport operation of the project.
- provide technical support to the project manager during the development of the Program Service Order with regard to site-specific land transport requirements;
- provide subject matter expertise in the field of land transport on all MoGO risk assessments, identifying LT hazards, assessing risks, and specifying controls;
- ensure that contract terms are fully understood by the contractor and the Geokinetics field team;
- provide assurance of the contractor’s procedures in terms of their suitability and implementation;
- monitor drivers selection and training;
- monitor on-going driver fitness for task;
- monitor implementation of, and adherence to any driver fatigue management program;
- monitor journey management and any vehicle tracking system (VTS);
- monitor downloading of IVMS and driver feedback;
- monitor fleet condition by continuous audit, including vehicles, fuel storage & handling, workshops and IT;
- to take part in the Risk Management Verification Process (RMVP) as directed by the Project Manager;
- monitor convoy operations, and provide assurance on tie-down schemes for abnormal or heavy loads;
- monitor driver safety meetings and provide feedback on their quality and relevance;
- take part in accident investigations as an SME and ensure that learnings are implemented in the contractor’s management processes.
- Be an active participant in the crew HSEQ program and active in daily tail gate meetings.
- Responsible for all aspects of health, safety and environmental concerns in the particular work area. Demonstrate safe work practices.
- Responsible for Land transport department personnel assessment. Provide recommendations for internal and external training of personnel. Train personnel on the crew.
- Maintenance and proper use of Geokinetics assets assigned to the transportation department;
Education & Experience:
- A degree or diploma in management or bachelors
- Driver trainer, with off-road credentials where appropriate a plus.
- Certificate level knowledge of transportation health & safety.
- VOSA or equivalent certificate in vehicle inspection.
- Work in the seismic industry more than 2 years in similar positions;
- Experience in seismic Land, TZ, OBC and OBN project.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Good Radio communication (verbal)
- Good English both verbal and written.
- Oral Expression : The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension :The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Speech Recognition : The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Speech Clarity : The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
Key Software :
- Knowledge of GIS Mapping system
- Expert with IVMS software and any tracking systems.
- Planner, methodical and organized;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Decision maker;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Able to manage people;
- Competencies for the role are referenced in the Integrated QHSE Management System Training Frame Guidelines. For this role, the competencies that are required include Level #.
- Must abide by and enforce all Geokinetics Policies including but not limited to HSE, Drug & Alcohol, Operational Policies, IAGC, OGP, Client, Local & State Governmental Policies.
- Know and implement the policies of GEOKINETICS on quality, production, safety, protection to environment and costs and verify its fulfillment.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions & Hazards:
- Stand, walk and sit
- Use of hands to grasp, handle and lift.
- Seismic work is highly risky. Working environment may be in normal office conditions or open areas exposed to weather. Seismic work is conducted in a variety of environments, including swamps, snow, steep mountains, jungles, and deserts. It employs explosives, boats, helicopters, and other vehicles. The QHSE manager ensures and reviews that each crew and project has the specific hazard register for the work conducted. Use PPE accordingly.
- Outdoor Conditions (Weather, high winds)
- Exposure to hazards such as high pressure air, loud noise, fumes, suspended loads, pinch points.
Candidates are requested to send their Application Forms/CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org