Date added: 23.07.2015
Industry: Languages and culture
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Azerbaijan
A vacancy has arisen for a Technical Translator position as part of the onshore Business Unit.
The Technical Translator will report to Rig Optimization Engineer.
The Technical Translator is responsible for translation of the necessary documentation, work guidelines ad-hoc documents from English Language to Azerbaijani and vice-versa as and when required.
Primary responsibilities of the role:
• Provide verbal and written translations of necessary documentation-Work Guidelines regulations, standards, procedures, minutes of meetings, incoming and outgoing correspondence etc from English language to Azerbaijani and vice-versa ensuring the specialist knowledge during the process of translation.
• Revise and edit written translations.
• Perform the duties to the requirements of Quality & Safety Standards
• Assist the line Supervisor when and as required
Key personal attributes and skills required:
• Proven experience as Translator (minimum 1 year ) or Qualification/ Diploma proving the Translatory skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a busy environment
• Ability to prioritize work.
• The ability to present to large group of people.
• Excellent Written, Verbal Language Skills :English , Azerbaijani ,Russian (Desirable)
• Excellent Computer Skills (Microsoft Word ,Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PPW )
• Ability to work with dictionaries, terminology standards, basics of scientific and literary editing;
• Knowledge of grammar and stylistics of Azerbaijani and English languages
• Information Gathering and Researching – ability to find and identify essential information.
• Information Organization – Ability to Find ways to structure or classify multiple pieces of information.
• Active Learning – Ability to work with new material or information to grasp its implications.
• To be Responsible for confidentiality of the professional and commercial information.
• Technical Knowledge - background in technical translation and technical writing (desirable )
All interested candidates can send their CVs to email@example.com with subject KCA Deutag / Technical Translator (Temporary)