Gazelli Group MMC
Date added: 28.04.2016
Industry: Logistics and transport
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Azerbaijan
- Assisting the Gallery’s Director to plan technical assistance at overseas.
- Coordinate safe and proper local and international transport, art handling, packing/unpacking and crating/uncrating services.
- Understand and correctly apply import/export, bond, and regulations of shipping locations worldwide.
- Manage and maintain internal electronic systems, spreadsheets, and shipping files with a high level of accuracy.
- Maintain accurate electronic and hard copies of all object records.
- Maintain the Gallery’s storage facility and its inventory and insurance.
- Condition reporting. Catalogue all incoming and outgoing work, entering all information including provenance and digital images onto the in-house database system.
- Collaborate with external suppliers and liaise with the operations departments of other galleries, museums, art fairs, auction houses, etc.
- Oversee the invoicing for sold works, and tax implications where applicable - seeing as sales will be carried out in the region, it will very much depend on where the client is situated. The successful candidate will have to look into this on a case by case basis (and have the understanding of how these things work as well).
- Responsible for coordinating installs and de-installs for each show both internally at the gallery and off-site (fairs and other projects).
- Manage Technicians/Specialists to ensure that artwork is properly photographed, stored, handled and installed
- Assist in promotional and marketing events, coordination of catering and security services.
- Liaise with framers, conservators, riggers and other special services for exhibitions and installations, including invoicing, payroll, debt chasing, etc.
- Ensure that all of the following are working properly/arranged neatly and that the space is presented to the highest standard at all times. This includes: lights, furniture, works lists and any other additional aspect.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the gallery including, but not limited to, supervision of stationary supplies, suppliers’ contracts, and making of travel arrangements where needed.
- Updating and maintaining the database.
- General PC/Mac computer administrative support.
- Promptly report any risks or problems to the Managing Director.
-Minimum of two years experience in a related field
Candidates are requested to send their materials to