Date added: 26.04.2016
Industry: Teaching and education
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Azerbaijan
• Ensure that all children are aware and follow the Montessori ground rules, that all children can follow the principles of the Montessori approach and learn to respect each other’s and their environment.
• Be able to conduct daily observations on children within their group and other groups if required during individual and group activities.
• Gain as much information as possible from these observation leading to drawing up a picture of the child and his/ hers capabilities, leading to planning of activities to meet the child’s needs.
• Ensure all long, mid and short term planning is done for each child within their group.
• Encourage individual work time to promote independence as well as group work to promote socialization.
• Montessori Instructors must prepare and set up the room on a daily basis and ensure that the room is tidy and inviting and meeting the children needs.
• Prepare and make necessary materials in order to extend children’s learning, this to be done during the teacher’s non-teaching time.
• Montessori Instructors should establish and maintain positive relationships with children and their families in a way that values parental involvement. This will include being available to give parents updates on children’s progress or to discuss any parental concerns.
• Montessori Instructors are expected to organize end of term meetings to discuss in detail child’s work and developmental progress during the year. The written reports should be handed in to the manager for review.
• Assist with individual and/or group activities to stimulate growth of the children in social, emotional and academic areas.
• Be available and interactive during snack and lunch while helping children to learn how to help themselves.
• Candidates should have at least Montessori certificate
• At least 2 years relevant experience.
• Strong teaching skills
• Excellent communication and observation skills
• Knowledge of English and Russian is required
Candidates are requested to send their materials to