Date added: 11.09.2015
Industry: Science, research and development
Job type: Full-time
Serve as the ECA Analyst for Eastern Europe and Central Asia for a fast-paced financial sector non-profit.
Microfinance and Premium activities associated with MIX Market
MIX promoted responsible financial services for underserved communities through data exchange and market insight. For 15 years, MIX has aggregated, displayed and analyzed information on the financial, operational and social performance of the microfinance industry through publications and our flagship data and exchange platform, MIX Market. As our value proposition to investors and microfinance institutions has evolved, we have implemented a product through MIX Market that allows investors to collect their information from investees through MIX. The qualified candidate will be responsible for supporting the growth and expansion of these activities in Eastern Europe and Central Asia in support of the organization’s goals of achieving reliable, comparable, publicly available information on the performance and outreach of microfinance institutions (MFIs) and serving the needs of our investor clients. She/he will have the analytical skills required to enhance the quality of information (data and analysis) available on MFIs by working directly with individual MFIs as well as country-level microfinance associations in the region. ECA Analyst will be responsible for collecting, processing and analyzing financial, operational and social data from a portfolio of MFIs, in addition to supporting regional partners in the use of application of MIX’s systems and products. This position requires a dynamic and self- motivated individual with an understanding of financial analysis, accounting, regional socio- economic trends, and writing skills.
To achieve these goals, the ECA Analyst will have primary responsibility (80% of time) to: Data Collection (60%)
• Assist in managing relations with a portfolio of MFIs in the region;
• Maintain regional MFI data collection and analysis in line with regional performance targets: Solicit, collect, validate, and reclassify MFI information
• Analyze individual MFI and regional performance Analysis (20%)
• Write performance reports and periodic reports on regional analysis and research
• Update MIX’s factsheets for agreed set of countries in the region
• Carry out research to further the MIX’s understanding of regional actors and developments affecting MFI performance
ECA Analyst will have a secondary responsibility (20% of time) to support other work at MIX including, but not limited to:
• Contribute to shared analyst tools
• Support improvement in MIX’s technology used by the analyst team and partners
• Support financial inclusion projects in the region
ECA Analyst will work with a team of Analysts with a collective responsibility for industry analysis covering the globe in the performance and outreach of MFIs. The Operations Manager and Program Managers work with the analyst team on all aspects of the analysis process, in developing strategies for expanding regional outreach and coverage, and in providing standards, tools and capacity building to regional actors.
• BA minimum in economics, finance, accounting/auditing, or relevant field
• Experience in financial analysis, audit, or accounting is a plus
• Fluency in written and spoken English, with preference for strong Russian language skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and comfort with online databases are essential
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Fluent communication skills in English and Russian essential (verbal and written)
• Strong analytical skills (preferably Microsoft Excel)
• Proven ability to work with large databases
• Familiarity with microfinance or financial services sector preferred
Remuneration: Salary commensurate with qualifications and range for the position.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the subject line: ECA Analyst. The position's closing date is October 31, 2015. Only candidates selected for an interview will receive a response. MIX is looking for the ECA Analyst to begin work on November 20th, 2015. It is preferred that analyst have availability to travel and be prepared to obtain the necessary documents (international passport). MIX is an equal opportunity employer.