SOCAR KBR LLC
Date added: 11.06.2016
Industry: Law, legal services and patents
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Azerbaijan
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
Contracts Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the Contracts team in support of Contracts and Procurement Manager and Company/Client business delivery teams in the areas of (i) development of Contract Plans, (ii) Contracts pre-award: bidder pre-qualification, including compliance checks, (iii) Bid list development, oversight and successful implementation of the contract pre-award processes, (iv) Tendering and negotiations for the required packages, (v) Contract document conformance, (vi) Contracts post award administration, (vii) Contracts close out. Contracts Manager supports Project contracts personnel in their associated activities to execute the work in a manner that achieves the objectives of the Project Execution Strategy, Project Plan and Project Contract Plan. Contracts Manager provides strategic contracting advice aimed at achieving best commercial & execution outcome for the Project and Client.
Project Contracts Manager shall assess the commercial risk profile for the Project and work with other team members to develop a commercial subcontracting basis that mitigates risk to Company/Client and minimizes gap risk during execution.
Project Contracts Manager shall ensure adherence to Company/Client policies and objectives; Contract and Procurement work processes, with special attention to QHS&E, Compliance, Export Management and Client Satisfaction.
Personnel Management function includes supervision, performance management and mentoring of the Contracts team of professionals. Review of the “As Bid” work hour estimates against the scope in the development of the work hours budgets and project manpower needs for the Subcontracts department. Performing oversight of the People, Performance, Results (PPR) process for contracts personnel.
Project Contracts Manager shall support of the deployment and utilization of Contract management systems as required and appropriate infrustructure.
Project Contracts Manager shall conduct Project Contracts Review meetings to review status and provide guidance to contracts function.
He/She shall assess and review contracts group required internal controls environment and provide support during internal audits.
- Prepare the Contracts Plan in support of the Project Execution Plan and develop a set of project specific Contract Administration Procedures to govern departmental activities during Project execution.
- Prepare and maintain the Project Contract Status Report, including ITB schedule for all packages.
- Prepare, evaluate and issue of bidder pre-qualification documents. Obtain approval for final bidders list.
- Manage Project approved Contractor List, taking into account Client requirements. Prohibited Parties checks.
- Tender the required Contract packages in compliance with Project Contract Plan and established procedures. Upon receipt of an approved Request for Agreement, obtain data from other departments and approvals as necessary to prepare and issue Invitations to Bid (ITB) for subcontracted services.
- Ensure that the ITB documents, including Scope, Pricing, HSE and QA/QC, commercial, technical and reporting requirements are complete, detailed and well written for inclusion in the ITB.
- Coordinate the site visits, bid clarification/conditioning meetings, changes and addenda during the bid period as required.
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions with preferred bidders during Tender ensuring protection of Company’s/Clients best interests.
- Evaluate and prepare commercial recommendation, compile technical evaluation and prepare Recommendation for Award (RFA) for approvals. Obtain Project approval for commitments.
- Prepare and issue the conformed contract documents with all required commercial and technical attachments.
- Other pre-award responsibilities may include reviews and resolution of any issues in relation to EPC and subcontracts
Terms and Conditions, such as:
- Review Prime Contract with Client, Legal and PMT to determine flow downs, in relation to items such as insurance, liens, taxes, bonding, liability, consequential damages, subcontracting, compliance and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Conform and agree Terms & Conditions (T&C’s) for main packages
- Define Articles/Clauses in Terms and Conditios to be negotiated by Legal and the ones that can be negotiated by Contracts personnell (when exceptions or alternate language is noted in the bidders submission).
- Identify and develop all Contract templates that require Legal approval (Letter of Award (LOA); Request for Quotation (RFQ); Contract Awards; Change Orders, or any other document that imposes legal obligations on the Company/Client).
- Agree the process for engagement with Legal and obtaining Legal endorsement prior execution for the following: formal letters to suppliers/contractors, Contract awards, Change Orders, Deeds
- Negotiate and monitor Financial Instruments (insurance certificates, bonds and guarantees and other post award compliance documents) for successful subcontractors.
- Provide Export and International Business Relationship subject matter expertise
- Ensuring contract documents and data are maintained in accordance with the Project records retention and Client handover requirements.
- During the proposal and project phases, prepare a risk assessment as required. Collaboratively participate in the risk management process.
- Administer Contracts/Subcontracts and maintain files utilizing KBR’s Contract Management System.
- Coordinate the pre-construction/kick-off meeting.
- Conduct regular meetings with the Subcontractors to review items such as safety, progress, quality, coordination with others and discuss areas of concern.
- Provide interface management and coordinate communication between Subcontractors, PMT and Client.
- Verify progress completion has been checked and approved by the Project, review invoices for commercial compliance with the contract and route to PMT for approval of payments.
- Manage the change management process in accordance with contract provisions and Project Controls procedures and work methods.
- Manage the back charge, dispute and claims process.
- Participate in forecasting existing commitments, expected additional work and possible claims.
- Issue periodic reports to PMT indicating concerns and progress against planned event dates.
- Conduct the required assessment and review of the departmental internal controls & reporting environment.
- Support internal and external audits as required
- Manage Subcontract close out activities such as contracts close out plan and report, completion certificates, final payment, release and waiver, warranty, guarantees and Subcontractor performance evaluation.
- Other Project Contracts Manager responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Advise on best Contracting commercial strategy or issue resolution for the benefit of Company/Client
- Participation in Project Team Status/ PSR meetings, as required.
- Provision of contract cost savings and commitment analysis reports to Project and Department management, as required.
- Preparation of Lessons Learnt.
• Professional experience in Contracts and Commercial management role with approval authority on multi-billion US$ oil & gas international projects. Experience in EPC contract management.
• Minimum of 15 years working on oil and gas projects
Candidates are requested to send their materials to