Date added: 17.01.2017
Industry: Law, legal services and patents
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Azerbaijan
The American Chamber of Commerce in Azerbaijan is a private, non-profit business association supporting and promoting the interests of business in Azerbaijan. Established in 1996, AmCham is composed of over 280 members and associates active in every sector of the Azerbaijani economy. We represent 80% of all foreign investment, as well as a significant portion of local investment, in Azerbaijan. Through our industry sector committees, our members are able to share information, raise issues of common concern and propose possible solutions. As AmCham members, companies and organizations have access to a vast network of business information and contacts, in Azerbaijan and in the US government.
Main responsibilities for the intern will be:
• to do legal research in the local legislation based on request;
• to review and comment on contract drafts;
• to brief on legislative updates;
• to translate documents, where needed, from Azerbaijani into English, and vice versa, therefore good command of Azerbaijani and English;
• to assist Legal and Policy Officer in other activities based on request.
All the interested candidates are requested to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the name of the position ("Legal Intern") in the subject line.