Date added: 21.11.2018
Industry: Retail, sales and customer services
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Baku
- The Senior Buyer is responsible for the procurement of a wide variety of commodities, materials, supplies, equipment, and services for Pasha Construction, many of which are highly technical and require the application of complex procurement standards and procedures.
- Performs price, lead time and other important negotiations with suppliers.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
- Prepares detailed bid specifications, requests for quotations for commodities and services, requests for proposals for commodities and services, and purchase orders, as requested by the company’s departments
- Issues RFQ’s and purchase orders/contracts that comply with company and government regulations;
- Ensures delivery, price, and quality meet expectations.
- Employs advanced critical thinking and writing skills in the development and evaluation of the more complex requests for proposals for commodities and services
- Identifies varied sources of commodities and services, evaluates bids, awards contracts and purchase orders, develops standards for new products or services, maintains contact with vendors, and maintains comprehensive descriptions of available products and current prices.
- Reviews quality problems with engineering personnel and directs action required to correct defects.
- Investigates potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements – implements Supplier Pre-qualification procedures
- Conducts periodic and special surveys of supplier’s facilities and manufacturing processes to determine adequacy and capability of quality control and ability to comply with engineering and quality specifications.
- Expedites the ordering and delivery process for commodities or services through the use of ERP systems, and assures invoice payment by monitoring the process from initiation of a purchase order through the receipt of the goods or services and billing from the vendor or supplier.
- Prepares reports to the Procurement Manager, when required, regarding contractor/vendor/supplier capability and/or performance.
- May travel occasionally, primarily in the local area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in related field
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Azerbaijani, English and Russian languages.
- CIPS certification is preferable.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications.
- Understanding of contract terminology, competitive bids, purchase orders, and vendor relationship management
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- ERP system knowledge is preferable
Please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications – November 30, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.