Date added: 10.10.2019
Industry: Logistics and transport
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Baku
- Receives and reviews all procurement requests for completeness and identification of services/commodities required and established requirements.
- Determines priorities, develops work schedules, and assigns work to available subordinates based upon available manpower and resources.
- Ensures the accurate completion of all procurement requests to include the proper documentation of materials and cost expenditures.
- Reviews quality problems with engineering personnel and directs action required to correct defects.
- Investigates potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements – implements Supplier Pre-qualification procedures
- Reviews market/vendor database regularly and provides guidance to subordinates for maintaining and gathering various information from available resources.
- Carries on a close continuing relationship with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to remain current and keep abreast of market conditions, pricing, and availability as well as resolving procurement problems.
- Maintains tender process according to Company procedures
- Drafts contract/modification/termination and other contract related documents, these actions include applying interpreting and advising local laws/practice when obtaining specific contract documents/certificates, such as; performance bonds, payment bonds and insurance.
- Finalizes contract language with Commercial Officer, assists in preparation of other contract related documents.
- Analyzes and resolves any of a wide variety of problems encountered through coordination with contractors/supplier/requesting office/shipping office/receiving office and payment office.
- Prepares reports to the Procurement Manager, when required, regarding contractor/vendor/supplier capability and/or performance.
- Monitors all outstanding purchase orders and requisitions to ensure fulfillment or cancellation without loss of funds.
- Maintains required administrative files and records pertaining procurement.
- Provides guidelines, explains and interprets requirements as well as planning required training to subordinates, schedules/approves leave ensuring the maximum availability of personnel at all times.
- May travel occasionally, primarily in the local area.
- A bachelor's degree or higher.
- 5-6 years of experience in construction industry
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Azerbaijani, English and Russian languages.
- Knowledge of ERP, planning, scheduling, budgeting and performance measurement systems and their application is preferable.
- Knowledge of construction tools and equipment.
- CIPS certification is preferable.
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications.
- Understanding of contract terminology, competitive bids, purchase orders, and vendor relationship management
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
Candidates are required to submit their CVs until October 30th 2019
Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the application email. Otherwise the candidacy will not be considered in the review process of the applications collected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.